2.C Settlement and Integration
C.9 What costs need to be considered and who covers them?
(i) What settlement supports need to be considered in terms of cost?
How Canada Does It
Settlement support services needed to ensure successful integration include: finding housing, language training, education, assistance in finding employment, healthcare, legal assistance, recreation, and orientation.
Settlement support services needed to ensure successful integration include:
- Assistance in finding housing (see 2.C.2);
- Language training (see 2.C.8);
- Education for children and adults (where necessary) (see 2.C.6);
- Skills training;
- Education and professional credentials assessment (see 2.C.6(iv));
- Income assistance and financial planning;
- Employment counselling (see 2.C.3);
- Physical health and dental services (see 2.C.5);
- Mental health support and trauma counselling (see 2.C.5);
- Legal assistance (see 2.C.4);
- Community orientation and navigation of transportation networks (and potentially costs of vehicle if refugees are eager to drive);
- Recreational activities; and
- Orientation (see 2.C.7).